Monday, September 19, 2005

Visions of...

Last night at work visions of pumpkins kept leaping into my head. Just images of them, plump and orange, sitting in a garden with wild green vines coiling about them. Just a flash every so often. This makes me very happy. It means that the season has started and that the mood is coming upon me.
See, every year, and it gets stronger the older I get, about this time I begin to worry that I would be in the right mood for Halloween. That it would feel like Halloween. Or I worry that there would be enough time to get into the proper mood, there's no way the weather will change or the leaves change quick enough for us to have a proper Halloween month.
I love Halloween.
The weather is starting to change, the air is cool, the temperature hovering in the mid 70's. I know the leaves are starting to change. I can feel it in my bones. Something is happening, something wild and fantastic.
Still, I worry. Is it too soon to break out the Halloween music? What if I wait too long and miss the window? What if I start to early and get burned out? What if I'm too busy with school to really enjoy myself? What if the weather doesn't change quick enough? It's been a very hot, dry summer. The seasons could have shifted.
Deep down, I know it will all work out. It always does. Right now it's hard to imagine the leaves are going to burst into vibrant color and cover the ground. Right now it's hard to imagine it every being cold again.
But it will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home