Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Cel-e-brate good times! Come on!

September 23 is Celebrate Bisexuality Day. I did not know this. Guess I missed that memo. I feel so outside the loop. But..what is this Loop? I refuse to join forums. I spend most of my time answering emails as it is. Either way, I know now. It's nice to have your own holiday. I'm not crazy about this move in the late 90's/early 2000's toward seperatism. Everyone has their own flag now, everyone has their own days and their own events. Kids, back in the old days of '92 and '93, we had unity! One flag with all the colors of the rainbow on it to represent all the different people. When you said queer of GLBT, you meant everybody! Cause we were all in it together! These days the bears have their own flag, the leathers have their own flag, the bi's have their own flag, the left hand Buddhist non-heterosexual monogamists have their own flag. Can't we all just get along?
Still, after laboring under bi invisibility for so long, both from the general culture and the queer culture, and struggling with my own internalized bi invisibility, it's nice to be acknowledged. I've recently had some revelations along those lines. It's time I stopped mumbling under my breath from the side lines and stood loud and proud as an out bisexual man. Oh, I know what your thinking, those that know me, anyway, they're thinking "You're pretty out now, C. We wouldn't want you to be any more out!" I finally realized that I'm talking about being out to myself. To stop struggling and just relax with who I am. To stop apologizing and feeling embarrassed.
So say it with me, "I'm Bi! I'm Fly! I'm on site! Get used to!"

Yeah, I know, needs some work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home