Thursday, August 18, 2005

Annexnation

I am happy to announce that John Hagan's book "Aho & and the Great Ahum Ahum Ahum" will be published by Fandom Empire under the slasdotpop imprint. You may be wondering what the slashdotpop imprint is, as no books have appeared under that imprint. slashdotpop is bite sized, single serving books. They are mini books, self contained, that are fun to read and fun to collect. They are the Pop end of the comics spectrum, the ephemeral and whimsical nature of the iconic language. John's book, is not a comic. It is a book of poetry. But not just any poetry. It is lean, concentrated, meditations on the day to day and our strange ways. John captures the essence of humanity, the humor, the angst, the ennui, the whimsical, the profound, with a quick wit and deft turn of phrase. I am very excited about his work and wish to use what powers I have to get it into the publics hands. When he told me he wanted to produce the book as a mini, I saw then that it was perfect for the Empire so I swooped in and annexed his creation. We have yet to set a publishing date, I'm shooting for October. Right now it's in the hands of the Treasurer General who is garumping and gwafing and muttering something about coffers and pillage and what not. Stay tuned to this site for further details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home