Monday, August 22, 2005

Schoolhouse Schlock

Today is the first day of a new semester of school. For the most part I love the academic process, I love to learn, and I love that school, no matter why you are enrolled, is about getting something that you want. For me, it's about living a dream, about manifesting my skills and abilities in the best way I can, about challenging myself and making sacrifices to get what I want. On the other hand, part of me thinks this is about challenging myself and making sacrifices and that part of me is saying "What the fuck am I doing?!?" I feel too old for this some days, certainly being surrounded by so much youth is a bit much at times. At the same time, I feel a bit pampered by all this. I'm not working, I'm getting to learn things, have huge breaks in my day, spend most of my summer not working, and not deal with a boss or a time clock. It's the Protestant in me. I keep saying to myself "Maybe I should work more hours, then I'd feel better."
Fortunately, my Inner Artist and Inner Student can kick my Inner Protestants corn fed ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home