Saturday, August 20, 2005

Strange magic

One of my neices is staying with us this weekend. She's three, almost four. It's fantastic! Everything is so real to her. If I say there's magic in a bowl she wants to know why she can't see it. If i tell her the magic came from a house elf she wants to meet him. It's wonderful for me to have this! It's the feeling I get when I write and draw only this is more immediate. It isn't filtered through a story or structure. It just is. And she is so open, she just accepts what I say and do unconditionally. I don't ever feel like that with grownups. I don't mind being an adult, in fact I do prefer it to being a child, but this quality of childhood I wish to have with me every day, every where. James, you have SO much to look forward to!

1 Comments:

Blogger James V. West said...

Cool...Well, Kyle is changing every day now. He's smiling, grinning, and trying hard to laugh. He gets excited and does everything he knows how to do to express it. Yeah...going to be fun!

10:33 AM, August 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home