Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Summer Time

My last 3D class was today. Great class. I deliberately gave myself the afternoon off. I'm also more than pleased with the layouts for Xrox #2.
Oh, "What's Xrox?" you ask?
Xrox is a fantasy comic...That sounds positively blue, doesn't it? It's a Post-Gygaxian, quasi-Morrocockian, semi-Jungian action tale of magic and adventure. It's appearing in Random Order Comics and Games published by good friend James West. Check him out. He does good things. Very good things.
This latest installment of what's become a perennial epic will be laid out by me, using my newly discovered powers of Visual Arts!!! James will then draw the pages, in his small way, then old friend Stuart Sparks will ink them with his own particular mad skills. You should check Stuart out. He's truly a mad man. He may look calm to you, but it's in the eyes.
This is the first time I've done the layouts on one of my stories that came out quite clever. Quite clever indeed. You'll just have to wait until the next Random Order Comics and Games comes out. Go over to James' site and bug him. He needs a push every now and then. But be nice to him, he's having a baby.
July 1st is very close. Very, very close. I can smell it. Oh, boy! Does it smell-you can't smell that? It's so-And with it comes the deadline to get The Millenials #1 to the press. Have no fear! I know what you're thinking, and you can stop it! Yes you! I saw that look in your eye! The cover is nearly finished. And looks great! Very cool. You're going to love this, really. I acquired an editor on this project. First time with one of those. It's a whole new element of complexity and sophistication. I'm moving up.
In the meantime, go read Xrox #1 in Random Order Comics and Games. I'm sure James has some laying around. Throw money at him. He'll do whatever you want. He's so cheap.

1 Comments:

Blogger James V. West said...

I will do anything for money. This is true.

12:11 PM, June 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home