Thursday, October 27, 2005

You only get one

You only get one Halloween and then you have to wait an entire year for another one. I guess that's why I've got such a build up for the holiday. Unfortunately it doesn't help. My wife won;t even talk to me anymore about what our plans are because she's so stressed out by my expectations. I'm getting frustrated because all of our plans are coming apart like wet cardboard in my hands. I tried to explain that we don't have to endure this ordeal with Xmas or Thanksgiving. I think partially it's because you just show up. Everyone sort of knows what to expect, what they're going to do, and you just do it. Each year we are attempting to invent Halloween out of nothing. Yeah, my expectations make it even more difficult, but at this point I'm sick of not knowing if I'm even going to go out this weekend and will gladly accept whatever is handed to me. Unfortunately, my wife doesn't even hear what I'm saying anymore.
What am I saying? I guess I'm saying that Halloween needs traditions like Xmas and Thanksgiving. We need to know that this is what Halloween is like in our house and then do it. Mind you, there's always lots of family and friends on the other two holidays so I know there's going to be a sense of community and camaraderie on those days. It still bothers me that my friends don't seem to want to do anything for for Halloween, not even go to a party. Frustrating.
I'm not sure what to do. At this point I'm going to be on my own for the Holiday. My wife isn't even going to do anything with me.
*sigh* My favorite holiday is quickly turning into something to dread. Disgusting.
I feel like throwing up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home