Friday, October 21, 2005

A perfect holiday

Less than two weeks now. The weather is great here. A little hot in the afternoon, but generally cool. The trees are just gorgeous!
I'm not sure Halloween will live up to my expectations, but it never does. I'm not really sure what I expect, to be honest. I have vague ideas it, but I can never think of what the coolest thing to do would be. I think, although it seems a little lame, a good round of storytelling would be fantastic. Recite the raven, some ghost stories, that sort of thing. I do have visions of a large bonfire, people in costume and paint dancing, writhing about in the dark, sweaty, breath steaming, limbs entwined, bit like the "rave" scene in the Matrix 2 with the bonfire scene of Lord of the Flies or something.
I just need to find a large group of really crazy pagans with access to a large parcel of land. Someone would put on a ceremonial mask and appear in the midst of the group, perhaps clad only in paint and bones and feathers, dancing and leaping, savage wild. We would crown him with oak and thistle as the Lord of the night, and feed them pumpkin seeds and sweet cakes and ply them with liquor. We would carry them about on a chair and hold them aloft chanting and singing. They would sit upon a throne and guide us in our debauchery, raising toasts and bestows blessing and boons. After a while they would step into a coffin shaped box and be closed inside (secretly slipping through he trap door on the stage) and we would carry the box to the fire and throw it in.
But where am I going to meet people like that? I don't know anybody like that.

1 Comments:

Blogger C. Clark-Praxis said...

So you build your own animatronics? Do you have any images of your creations?
I've decided that one day my yard is going to be an elaborate panorma of gothic horror.

9:26 AM, October 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home